Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Why I Chose the Business Administration Program

I chose the Business Administration with a concentration in Accountancy program because I wanted to acquire knowledge in many aspects of business, but also concentrate on Accounting because I have a strong interest in that field. In high school, I took an Accounting class as an elective, and I did very well in it. I actually enjoyed it. That was when I knew that I wanted to become an Accountant. When I went to Heald College, I chose the Business Software Applications program instead of the Accounting program because I didn't want to narrow my career opportunities to just one field. All of my credits from Heald transferred to the Business Administration program at National University. I think this program is a good program to be in because it will assist me in my business career, and I can apply the skills that I've learned in different business situations.

When I was looking at the Business Administration program at National University, I was very interested in all the business courses that were required such as Marketing, Accounting, Finance, Economics, Management, Business Knowledge Management, Production and Operations Management, and Management Science. I liked that the program offered a MBA because having a MBA is a very prestigious designation. With a bachelor's degree in Business Administration, I will have more job opportunities in the fields of business that will lead to obtaining a job that pays well. It will give me the skills I need to get where I want to be in the future.

I think the Business Administration program is an exciting program to be in because you learn the different aspects of business, and you can choose which one you are most interested in specializing in. I chose the concentration in Accountancy because I'm analytical, detail-oriented, and good with numbers. I wanted to learn more about Accounting and also learn the business side of things. I have a strong inclination for Accounting, and I can be sure of creating financial stability as an Accountant.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lisa:

    Thanks for posting such a clear, concise, yet thorough assessment of yourself and your field. Good luck over the next few weeks!

    ReplyDelete